Saturday, June 23, 2012

"It Was Twenty Years Ago Today . . ."

. . . Actually, it was 20 years ago in May that my first Deborah Knott novel, Bootlegger's Daughter, was published.  The following year, it won the Edgar for Best Novel of 1992. [Here I am with my agent at the MWA banquet.]  A couple of days later, it won the Agatha; then in the fall at Bouchercon 1993 in Omaha, it won an Anthony and a Macavity. Giddy with delight and disbelief doesn't begin to describe the roller-coaster of emotions I experienced that year.  The book has remained in print ever since, but only now is it available for eReaders as a Nook  or Kindle. Over the years, it's had several different covers, but I chose the design of this new cover because it evokes Deborah's campaign trail when she first ran for the bench.  I think it's  appropriate for another election year!




Blog Archive