Saturday, October 16, 2010

Keeping Them Straight



This is a weird time of year for me when I have to try to keep three of my books straight in my head.

Sand Sharks, my 2009 book, came out in paperback this past week. Christmas Mourning, the 2010 book comes out the first week in November.

I've been trying to remember all the plot lines and plan what I'll read and talk about at the launch party on 1 November at Quail Ridge Books and Music at 7:30. (Come by for a glass of wine and some brie and crackers if you're in the area.) All this while I'm trying to write the last few chapters of Three-Day Town, the 2011 book. (And let's don't even talk about the 2012 book which doesn't yet have a title, a killer, or a victim, but does have a few stray thematic strands.)

Christmas Mourning is the 16th to feature Judge Deborah Knott, and, as may be guessed, has a holiday theme that draws on my own past and present memories of Christmas. While Halloween trick or treaters may be ringing the doorbell on the night of October 31, I'll be selecting Christmas passages to discuss the following night.

Really, shouldn't there be a turkey somewhere in here, too?






Blog Archive