Saturday, August 9, 2008

Countdown Till Launch Time.


Death’s Half Acre, the 14th in my Judge Deborah Knott series, will officially go on sale on August 20.  As usual, the launch party will take place at Quail Ridge books, August 22, in Raleigh,  followed soon by a signing at my favorite Barnes and Noble in Cary on September 4.  If you’re in the area, please drop by and say hey.

One of the perks of belonging to my eList is that subscribers got to read an excerpt of Death’s Half Acre two weeks ago.  If you’ll  just click here, that site is now open for everyone to read.  Be sure to check out the picture of the silkie at the end.  It was a pet of Deb Adams, who redesigned these pages.

People often ask how much I have to do with my covers.  The answer is: Not too much.  My publisher has a great art department and they come up with the concept.  All I do is help fine tune their results.  In this case,  I asked to change the sign from "Luxury Condos" to "Commercial Space Available."  Also I pointed out that tobacco is not harvested like this in eastern North Carolina.  The final version looks more menacing, rather like a storm tossed field just after the clouds have broken enough to let a single ray of sunlight through.

One further reminder:  if you want a signed or personally inscribed book (no extra charge for either), you may order from QRBooks and Music by clicking on the “Ordering Books” button at the top of this page.

Blog Archive